Tuesday, February 12, 2008

My first post!!

So after a lot of family and friends telling me to start a blog or a myspace for all the cakes and other sweet treats I make, I decided while James is on nights to start my very first blog!!

This blog will be for all the yummy things I make whether it be sweets, or actual meals. When I find a new great recipe I will post it with pictures for all to see! And when I make a new cake I will post pictures of that too. And last but not least, this blog will be for those to keep up with our busy family and see new pictures of the boys! I hope you all enjoy!

So Heather and I are getting really good at our cakes and we are starting to get a lot of people asking for them. It is so nice to do something you really love doing and seeing peoples faces when they see the outcome. We are having so much fun so far and I feel it can only go upward from here.
Here are a two we did yesterday: It was a dark chocolate cake with almond buttercream filling with a chocolate ganache on top. It was for my grandmas birthday last night (Happy birthday grandma!!)
This one we did for a friend of James' at work. His little girl turned one and wanted a pretty cake. The layers were chocolate and white cake with almond buttercream and marshmallow fondant on the outside. We did a smash cake on top for the little girl to have to herself, it was done with just iciing on top and no fondant. Heather did a beautiful sugar tiara on top which turned out so darn cute!!!
So while I am starting this blog up, it may take a while to figure things out. Thanks everyone for looking!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE this sweetie...when reading your posts it sounds just like you! And of course...you KNOW I think your cakes are gorgeous!

Mom

February 13, 2008 at 7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Katie,

Cute blog! I have one too, so this will be a fun way to keep in touch a little more than we usually do!

(((HUGS))

Randi--your cousin!

February 14, 2008 at 6:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEAH!!! I had forgotten some of those cakes. I love the car cake it was so fun. The cake you made for Grandmas birhtday was SO Delicious, moist and flavorfull. Not to mention gorgeous.

Keep up the great baking.

I love you so much, your cakes are such art :)

February 14, 2008 at 8:38 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Wow- awesome cakes! And the rice pudding sounds pretty yummy too!

February 21, 2008 at 6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home