Saturday, October 17, 2009

Turkish Delight



When I was little, I lived in Ankara Turkey for a few years with my family.  My dad with in the Airforce and was stationed there.  Although I don't remember much, I have always had a love for Turkish delight.  After we moved here, we would take trips to Seattle and there is a little store that actually sells turkish delight.  It is a sweet jelly like candy. 
My favorite was always pistachio, so I went on a hunt for a pistachio turkish delight recipe. 
And this is what I found on About.com

It was a great recipe and I found it very easy to do...quite a bit of stirring and watching, but the taste was very much the same as I remember it.  The rose water gives it such a floral sweet flavor, I was very surprised at how good this tasted!

So if you are up for a challange, I suggest you try this! 

3 Comments:

Blogger Matt 'n Erin said...

Sorry...looks gross. Glad you found a good recipe though!

October 18, 2009 at 10:47 AM  
Blogger tharker said...

Josh loves to say "Tuggish Delight" every time he watches "Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe" He swears that's what Edward is asking for ;)

October 18, 2009 at 9:17 PM  
Blogger Jibran Ahmed Khan said...

Very nice website. i like it. It is too good because you shared very great recepies.
Here are also some receipes of Asia's famouse dishes those are spicy and famouse in every cermoney.
Make for your family & Have Fun

Make Biryani Yourself <=> Make Asian's Food

January 6, 2010 at 3:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home