Monday, February 18, 2008

The rest of our weekend

Well, cleaning didnt go quite as planned....we did get a lot done like laundry and what not, but it was such a nice day that we had to get outside!! We took the kids to the park (photos below) and let Gabe bring his new soccer ball and baseball bat and he just had a blast running around and racing james around the bases. Nolan just had a great time throwing the baseball and eating dirt, he seriously just sat between the second and third bases and rolled in the dirt, ate the dirt and dug his fingers into the dirt. It definatly was hard getting them back in the car to go home.
It ended up being such a nice relaxing Saturday, we don't get many of those!

So yesterday was church, I think i learned a lot yesterday about young minds and how much our children and learning and soaking up information about the gospel. Gabe had his head in my lap while I scrached his back while there was a older gentleman talking about fasting. All of a sudden Gabe started talking about what the man was saying, about sharing (He was talking about some kids sharing their candy) And he was saying how much he loves to share. He then he was talking about he would share with Jesus. It just made me realize that when we dont think they are listening that they probubly are or at least picking up some stuff. Also during the meeting Gabe also wrote his name by himself for the very first time!!! It actually looked like his name, all the letters and everything! I am so proud of him, he is just growing so much everyday.

So as some of you know my sister lives in Hawaii and just got married to a great guy. James and I have been going back and forth about us going to go visit. James keeps telling me to go by myself and I keep trying to get him to go with me.....who wants to go to Hawaii by themselves?!?! I tried to get him to let me take Gabe since he is now at an age to enjoy it, but James doesnt want to pay for another ticket. So guess what?!?! I was telling my bestfriend Tara about this and it just clicked in my brain! So Tara and I are going to Hawaii!! It will be a nice girls trip to relax. I am so excited to go see my sister and her husband and spend time with them. It will be so much fun just laying back in the sun on the beach and going hiking (maybe?) I am a little nervous going without James, but he keeps telling me that he wants me to go.

So now that James and I have eaten all of our Valentines day chocolate and have had our share of hamburgers from Sonic it is time for us to get back to eating healthy....we pretty much go in spurts of how we eat. But it is time and we both know it....we are going to do a lowfat diet. It is going to be hard for me with my baking. I seriously go through withdrawls if I dont bake something almost everyday. I am going to have to start looking for some new recipes and if I do make something that is not low fat I am going to have to give it away (any takers?!?)

So here is a new recipe I have come across, they are very very yummy.

Blueberry Muffins (I will post pictures later tonight or tomorrow when I make them)

1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 1/4 cups white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 pint fresh blueberries - rinsed, drained and patted dry (I have used frozen a few times also)
2 tablespoons white sugar

Position rack in the middle of oven. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray the top of a muffin pan with non-stick coating, and line with paper liners.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, 1 1/4 cups sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Mix together 1 3/4 cup of the flour and baking powder. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk, mixing just until incorporated. Crush 1/4 of the blueberries, and stir into the batter. Mix the rest of the whole blueberries with the remaining 1/4 cup of the flour, and fold into the batter. Scoop into muffin cups. Sprinkle tops lightly with sugar.
Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until golden brown, and tops spring back when lightly tapped.

Here are also some pictures from this weekend :) enjoy!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home