Wednesday, March 26, 2008

While I have a minute

I have a few minutes while the boys are down for naps to be able to sit and relax just for a few moments before I have to start cleaning and making fondant for 2 more cakes that Heather and I are doing this weekend.
James was supposed to work this weekend (friday, saturday and sunday) But Friday he started getting a really bad tooth ache and he called me to come pick him up to go in to the dentist. They looked at it and said he just had a cavity and to come back on Tuesday. That night he was in so much pain...I dont like having a husband who doesnt feel good, so I called the dentist on Saturday and told him what was going on and he went ahead and called in a higher perscription for his pain and told him to come in first thing monday morning.....blah blah blah his tooth still hurt and he stayed home from work on sunday because he couldnt eat and was still in a lot of pain. They scheduled him for a 40 minute appointment at 9:20 so me and the boys decided to go to the park for that time...............(pictures below) 3 HOURS later he was still there! They ended up having to do a root canal! The hygenist said that she couldnt belieive that it wasnt much worse with how long that it was hurting him. All in all, his mouth feels a lot better.

Well, the tooth thing really threw a new element in my weekend. I was expecting to spend Easter with just me and the boys and then go to my parents house after church. It was a nice surprise to have him home (still not feeling great) but still home. He stayed home with Nolan (since he woke up early and needed a nap) then I got to spend the rest of Easter with him.

James had Monday and Tuesday off. We had a very active 2 days off. Monday with the tooth thing and then Tuesday we cleaned out the whole garage! not just part of the garage.....but all of it!! If anyone has seen it, you know that it is an awful mess. It looks so nice in there! I keep peeking out there and admiring our work :)

The rest of the week is full of excitment. We are getting ready for a garage sale on Saturday, we have doctor appointments, some play dates, and cakes to make!

Heather and I have 2 cakes to do this week. The first a brown couch cake.....long story that I will post on Saturday. And another cake for a guy whose wife is coming home from Iraq on Saturday and wants a fun cake to surprise her :) romantic huh? We have never had 2 cakes to do at the same time, so we are trying very much to make sure we are getting everything done. I am so excited to do these cakes, it should be a lot of fun. And working with Heather is so easy, once we get all the stuff together, the cakes come together so much easier.

Here are the pictures from the park on Monday. I brought mine and James' tennis racquets and let the boys play tennis(can we say hilarious?!). I tried to get some better pictures of Nolan, but he was way to excited and would not sit still at all!


6 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Kristen said...

Fun to get to know you through the blog! You are a great mom to take your kids to the park! The best entertainment.....and it is free! You week sounds like mine! Good luck on the couch cake? Can't wait to see the pictures!

March 26, 2008 at 3:14 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

glad you got to spend Easter together. good luck on the cakes

March 26, 2008 at 7:36 PM  
Blogger tharker said...

Love the pictures! Your boys are so cute Katie.

Sorry that James was in so much pain, but I guess you could call it a blessing in disguise because at least he was able to be home for Easter.

Good luck with the cakes!

March 26, 2008 at 10:52 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

I love to hear your coming and goings. Good luck on the cakes. Oh and hey you are having a garage sale? Would it be to rude for me to ask if I could throw something in the mix? I have two items I need to sale and have not had an opportunity to have a yard sale. Let me know.

March 27, 2008 at 8:25 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Sara, of course you can! Let me know. It is on Saturday morning. It is a block yard/garage sale, so there are going to be a lot of people doing it :) Give me a call!

March 27, 2008 at 12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kate,

I've been lurking in blogland (via Randi's blog) and wanted to tell you that I've been enjoying your beautiful cakes and make your Oatmeal Breakfast Bars which were very tasty. I had been putting off trying to make a fondant cake and finally your blog inspired me to do it. I made one for St. Patrick's Day but my cake didn't stand up as well as I would have liked under the fondant. Where do you get your recipes for your cakes and fillings?

Thanks,
Erika :)

March 27, 2008 at 2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home