Thursday, June 5, 2008

its a zoo.......cake!

Heather and I were very lucky this week. We got the chance to make a cake for a friend of ours who was having a preschool graduation. The theme was "Zoo" because she teaches zoo phonics. She let us just go crazy and do what we wanted. We did an Almond cake (my new favorite) with Raspberry filling with zebra and giraffe print and 50 chocolate cupcakes with Almond Buttercream frosting. The cupcakes have monkey and elephant faces on them that were made out of royal icing. We were so so so excited to do this cake and we are both so happy with how it turned out. I think this was the most fun cake that we have done, which now makes it my new favorite! :)




The rest of the month is pretty busy for us. We have a wedding, baby shower and James' birthday..........................My mind is turning on what kind of cake I should make for James. He wants a M4 Rifle cake...not quite sure it is "do-able", but it is a challenge....and I am always open for a challenge when it comes to cake! Wish us luck! :)

15 Comments:

Blogger The Price Family said...

You are so talented! Very cute.

June 5, 2008 at 7:17 PM  
Blogger jillytacy said...

Wow! The cakes look great! I'm sure they'll be a hit at the party! Almond cake with raspberry filling sounds amazing! Yum!

June 5, 2008 at 7:28 PM  
Blogger PRP said...

The cake and cupcakes were a HUGE hit! People asked over and over where we got something that cute and I kept passing your names along so maybe you can get a few gigs from it! You both did a fantastic job. Thanks so much!

June 5, 2008 at 8:54 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

how cute is that??!! love it!

June 5, 2008 at 8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adorable work, Katie!

The strawberry pie looks SO GOOD! Did you save me a piece?!?!?

June 5, 2008 at 9:00 PM  
Blogger Reba said...

That turned out so cute! Good job.

June 5, 2008 at 9:30 PM  
Blogger polka dots said...

love,love,love that cake and those cupcakes. very cool!

June 6, 2008 at 7:55 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

yeah for cakes. I am always so excited to see what you talented lady comes up with. Great job.

June 6, 2008 at 12:49 PM  
Blogger tharker said...

The cake is so creative! You guys did a fantastic job.

June 6, 2008 at 2:39 PM  
Blogger Ms. Kristen said...

Remember me telling you how I had a piece of that delicious cake for breakfast....well, when I got home from the bounce thing....my three labs climbed on the counter and ate it! I am so mad! Thankfully, I took it off the platter before I left!
I loved the cake and cupcakes! So yummy and moist!

June 6, 2008 at 8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cute! I love that cake!

June 6, 2008 at 9:42 PM  
Blogger megan said...

Wow!! MAY I just rienforce what everybody else seid...You are so good at makeing cakes I so want to learn!! It looks awesome!

June 6, 2008 at 11:32 PM  
Blogger Lonna said...

Your cakes look AMAZING! I love the "zoo" theme!

June 8, 2008 at 7:08 PM  
Blogger Polka Dotted Pickles said...

Those are awesome!! Super cute. ;)
Yes, I did get the ticket. If I'm not mistaken, it's July 31 through August 4th. Woo hoo!

June 9, 2008 at 8:47 PM  
Blogger Diane Fay (littlealma) said...

Very cute cakes!!! I am wondering - tho - do you have the almond cake recipes, or the almond butter cream frosting recipe posted somewhere? (I am Dutch, and have a weakness for things almond - have you ever had banket?) I would sure love to have a copy!

And I am so sorry to hear about your computer - isn't that just the pits? Hope your computer guy can find the pics yet!

Have a good day - hugs from Michigan, Diane

June 12, 2008 at 9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home