Thursday, June 5, 2008

Recipe Box Swap

swap blogpost

The recipe box swap is something I try to participate in when it comes up (once a month) click on the box, and it will lead you to a list of fantastic recipes :)

Strawberry Pie

I made this pie for Memorial Day and it was gobbled up so fast. It was super easy to make and a beautiful shade of red.

Ingredients

1 (9 inch) pie crust, baked
1/4 cup chocolate chips**
1 quart fresh strawberries
1 cup white sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 cup water
1 T Butter**
1/2 t vanilla **
** Things I did myself to add flavor, but you do not need to if you don't feel like it**

In a baked pastry shell **I melted 1/4 cup chocolate in the microwave every 10 seconds and stirring until melted, then poured that in the crust before the Strawberries**.
Arrange half of the Strawberries (sliced) in the pastry shell
Mash remaining berries **I just put them in the blender**. Pour in medium saucepan. Mix sugar and cornstarch together in a bowl (it will mix easier). Add water and sugar/cornstarch mixture. Place saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.

Once at a boil, let it boil for 3 minutes stirring occasionally until translucent and thick. Add butter and stir until melted and add vanilla. Pour mixture over berries in pastry shell.
Chill for several hours before serving. **I put it in the freezer because I just didn't have several hours.**
We served with whipped cream and it was so good.
Enjoy!! :)

11 Comments:

Blogger marigold said...

Oh, how yummy and so pretty! I bet it was delicious. I love the idea of layering the melted chocolate on the bottom. DROOL...

June 5, 2008 at 9:44 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

yum, strawberries and chocolate are two of my favorite things. i will have to try this--thanks

June 5, 2008 at 10:06 AM  
Blogger Darcy said...

I would've never thought to add chocolate to a strawberry pie. What an excellent idea! :)

June 5, 2008 at 10:30 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

yum yum! i love recipes with pictures. thanks for the step by step!

June 5, 2008 at 11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gosh this looks scrummy :) i've never tried strawberry pie so this has to go on my "must try list" thanks for sharing

June 5, 2008 at 11:30 AM  
Blogger Amber M. said...

I'm so all over this recipe...thanks for sharing it!

June 5, 2008 at 2:27 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

My hubby was asking for a strawberry dessert the other day that wasn't with shortcake and I was scratching my head... This could fill the bill. Chocolate is always a nice touch, too!

June 5, 2008 at 3:24 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Strawberry pie is one of my favorites, and I agree that chocolate is a great idea! This looks as pretty as I'm sure it tastes. I can't wait to give this one a try.

June 5, 2008 at 3:26 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Katie, that pie looks so yummy. I can't wait to try this recipe.

June 5, 2008 at 3:27 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

Oooo, this looks yummy! Makes it even better when you can see pictures!

June 5, 2008 at 3:50 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

YUM! This pie looks delicious! I found strawberries today at the market from pennsylvania that were $5/pint-I almost had a heart attack, but that means that it will soon be berry season here in NY. When the berries are in their glory I am making this pie! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

June 5, 2008 at 4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home