Sunday, September 14, 2008

transformer cake

My sister in law Becky came in town last week with her super cute boys. Kaidens 4th birthday was last month or so, but since he has never celebrated with Nana and Papa and this part of the family we decided to have a birthday party here.

Kaiden is all boy, always wrestling, jumping, pretending to be superheros and most of all, playing transformers with Gabe. So I made a transformer cake with cupcakes.

The cake was Almond cake with almond cream cheese filling. The cupcakes were dark chocolate with Oreo Buttercream and some were with the extra Almond Cream cheese frosting.



9 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

You are so Talented Katie. I love this cake, I want one just like it but purple and pink.
:) Tara

September 14, 2008 at 11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK sweetie...For my birthday I want one layer of the cake to be almond, the second layer should be chocolate...and almond cream cheese frosting in it and one it!!! Got that??? LOL

September 14, 2008 at 1:27 PM  
Blogger Kritta22 said...

Can I come visit and you make me a cake? How do you stay so stinky!!

September 14, 2008 at 3:25 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

LOL. oh my goodness Krista, you have me rolling with laughter. I am going to assume you mean "skinny" and not "stinky". (Please correct me if I am wrong!) :) Thanks for the good laugh Krista!!

September 14, 2008 at 4:04 PM  
Blogger AOlson said...

Awesome cake Kate!!! jacob would have toally loved that!

September 15, 2008 at 8:56 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Yeah, kate how do you stay so stinky??? ;) the cake turned out great.

ps can we talk about the word verification??? i'm over it, are you yet?

September 15, 2008 at 8:57 AM  
Blogger Kritta22 said...

LOL I'm sooooo sorry!!!
Yes of course I meant stinky, oh I mean skinny!! LOL

LOL I really am sorry. You are one skinny chick!!

September 15, 2008 at 6:46 PM  
Blogger tharker said...

So dang cute!

September 16, 2008 at 9:18 AM  
Blogger My Sweet & Saucy said...

Great job on the cake and cupcakes! You are quite talented!

September 28, 2008 at 9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home