Tuesday, June 24, 2008

family review

Thanks to my parents, they let us borrow their laptop while we are still trying to figure out our laptop situation. The guys at the computer place were not able to save anything on our computer (still very upset) But we have a few more options before we just replace the hard drive to go through. And of course, when I really need to post pictures, I can't! (I tried mom, but your laptop won't let me do anything!! I will talk to you about it later)

So in the meantime, here is a run down of what we have been up to.

Gabe: He gladly went through ALL of his toys and picked out the ones he wanted to give to Goodwill. It wasn't easy for him, but he kept smiling. He has been helping me bake, spending time with Grandpa at the park, going to bed without coming out the room (maybe with a little bribing) and spending every other minute of the day outside digging......he is already the darkest (tan wise) in the house....obviously he has James' genes.

Nolan: wow.................he is all tantrums right now. I know what you guys are thinking "not Nolan! he looks so darn sweet"..............no..............he may look sweet, and he often tricks us with those sweet eyes, but he is currently entering his terrible twos. yay for me. The days have been very long with him, but I do have to say that in between these fits he throws and the whining he is doing, he is the best cuddler and gives the best hugs. Nolan for the last two weeks has been playing outside non stop and pointing out every airplane he can find. Remember his bee accident a month ago? Well, he is still OBSESSED with bees. And last Friday while outside, Nolan would not leave the bees alone (my lavender bush is blooming) I not only warned him once, but I warned him about 10 times and removed him from the situation. Finally after about 15 minutes he came running/crying/screaming to me, and I immediately knew what it was.
He got stung............
Not once...............
twice..........
at the same time..........
both hands.............
You could tell he went to GRAB two bees at once. I had the lucky job of pulling out the stingers and comforting him. And what did he do right after? Went back to that darn bush!! He went right back to trying to pick up the bees! I am keeping him away from the bushes for the time being until the bees die down.

James: I am so proud of James, he tested again for Richland and did really well. He was #3 on the list last time, hopefully he will be higher this time. All that dieting and exercising payed off. James is starting to plan all of our summer excursions and getting ready for his birthday on Saturday (we are actually celebrating on Thursday since he is working all weekend)

Me: yup, more baking. I did two cakes last week. A baby shower cake (pictures will be posted at another time) that was lemon cake with almond buttercream.
We also had our second wedding cake! yay! I think it turned out really good. The bride wanting pretty much exactly what we did on our first one but all different colors. The cake ended up look really elegant. There are some pictures on Heather's blog if anyone wants to see them. It was an almond cake with a vanilla Bavarian cream filling. The great thing about this cake? It took us 45 minutes the first night to get them all covered!! That is like 3 hours faster than when we first started! lol. We were actually looking for things to do on it! I am also spending a lot of time playing with the boys and going to the park. And now I get to start preparing for my second lesson for Relief Society. I can't wait to start traveling and enjoying more time outside!
Hope everyone is having a wonderful summer so far! please keep in touch!
**Pictures to come shortly.**

4 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Oh, I can't believe they couldn't save anything. BOO!

Seriously, I'm still amazed at that cake, it went sooo fast!

June 24, 2008 at 8:49 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Congrats on all the summer accomplishments thus far. I love seeing the pics of the cake, great job. I am amazed at little Nolan's bee antics. Yikes.

June 24, 2008 at 12:37 PM  
Blogger ::lindsay said...

So so sorry about your computer. I would be devastated.

I, too, love seeing pictures of your cakes. Keep them coming.

It's fun to hear what everyone in your family is up to!

June 24, 2008 at 2:39 PM  
Blogger Polka Dotted Pickles said...

I'm glad you are blogging again. I hope you figure things out with your computer soon.

Picking up bees? Someone is brave. I am still afraid of bees from when I got stung when I was younger. :)

June 25, 2008 at 5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home