Thursday, June 12, 2008

Ugh.

So for those who do read my blog, and to those that just check in every once in while, I will not be on for quite some time.
Our hard drive on our laptop is gone. We have it in the shop and they are working on it to see what they can recover. I am very upset about this because it has ALL of our pictures and videos on it.

I know I know, I should have backed it up on a CD or something similar.......but no......I am a procrastinator and although James and I said many of times to each other that we need to get the pictures off the computer "just in case" something happens...............it never happened.

Pictures are gone.

Videos are gone.

I find myself crying when I start thinking too much about certain special pictures that are no longer to be seen.

The technician guy said that he is going to keep our laptop for a few days so he can keep trying, but he didn't want to get our hopes up. He wont be able to save all the pictures, but he is going to see if he can save a few. There are sooooooooooo many pictures on it, especially one of Nolan when he was only a few days old on my dad's chest. It was the first time he held him, the colors in the photo are perfect, and such a special picture to me.

Ugh.

So for now, we are computer-less. It is probably for the best, I have gotten so much cleaning done, I am sure James is debating even getting another computer after seeing how darn clean our bathroom was :)

Things I can do while without the computer:
Play more with the boys
Clean
Do more new member visits
Read more books (anyone have any recommendations?)
Read my scriptures more
Call friends that I haven't talked to for a while
Plan some camping trips
Plan our trip to Utah (right Becky?!) :)

Well my break begins....at least it finally isn't windy out and maybe I can get the boys to the park! :)

And I also leave you with an adorable picture of Gabe that I havn't seen in like 4 years off of Judy and Steve's computer..............gosh he is cute!

8 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

He's so cute!! Hope you get that stuff back- miracles happen.

June 12, 2008 at 10:52 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

sooo sorry! that is horrible. i hope the techy can save at least some of the pics for you. sounds like you have some good stuff planned while you wait. :)

June 12, 2008 at 11:49 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Katie, see you on the new computer.

June 12, 2008 at 2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwww...that's my boy :-)

June 12, 2008 at 6:49 PM  
Blogger tharker said...

I'm sorry about your computer. But hey, you were able to find this picture! What a beautiful baby Gabe was!

June 12, 2008 at 11:11 PM  
Blogger Ms. Kristen said...

Cute picture! I am so sorry about your computer! Uugh!
Did you see the platter I left on your front door step?

June 13, 2008 at 8:39 AM  
Blogger Matt 'n Erin said...

Kate....does it make you feel better that I saved all the pictures you have e-mailed the past few years????

Hope it does!

June 13, 2008 at 1:19 PM  
Blogger Polka Dotted Pickles said...

Oh, no, I'm so sorry! That is awesome that you are looking at the positive side of things though.

And that picture is super cute! What a smile. ;)I look forward to seeing you all.

June 15, 2008 at 12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home