Wednesday, July 16, 2008

nanaimo dream

There is one dessert that I hold above all the rest. It is the fabulous Nanaimo Bar.
What is a Nanaimo Bar?! Click here if you wanna know in great detail
Well, it is a chocolate crumb bottom with a dreamy buttery custardy filling with a chocolaty top.


It IS my favorite dessert. I usually only make it around Christmas time just because they are soooo good that I make my self sick eating too many of them.


I was thinking this morning about how I would love to have a nanaimo bar (and yes I know they sell them at Yokes....but they are yucky) and I thought about cupcakes and thought how wonderful it would be to make Nanaimo cupcakes!!

Well (drum roll please)...........here they are!

These dreamy cupcakes are a dark chocolate cupcake with the signature Nanaimo filling as the frosting instead with semisweet chocolate and crushed graham crackers on top.

I made James take them to work with him because after making them, I realized what I had just done and had to get them out of the house before I ate them all!

7 Comments:

Blogger ::lindsay said...

How have I never had these bars before? I need some of those cupcakes in my life and in my belly. Do you give the recipe for these?

July 16, 2008 at 6:51 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

we love nanaimo bars too! only make them at the holidays as well. i think you have done a dangerous thing here...

July 16, 2008 at 6:57 PM  
Blogger tharker said...

I've never heard of these either, but I think I need some too!

July 17, 2008 at 9:05 AM  
Blogger Reba said...

It's so pretty! I mean, I'm sure it tastes wonderful too, but it's really beautiful

July 17, 2008 at 9:48 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

OH MY GOSH!! Jer and I love these too! His mom makes them and I eat about a 1000.

They are a Canadian thing, so that may be why some of you haven't ever heard of them.

July 17, 2008 at 11:23 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Ok, those look so darn good. I am dieing for the recipe.

July 17, 2008 at 12:47 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

okay okay okay ladies, I will post the recipe soon :)

July 17, 2008 at 12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home