Saturday, August 2, 2008

cherry cupcake cake

Another quick week in the Sautter house! Here is a brief overview.
James strained his hamstring, leaving us worried.

We had a really fun game night with yummy treats and great company

I signed Gabe up for his very first round of swim lessons (please cross your fingers that he will actually go in the water!!)

James and I took Gabe on an adventure to the movie theatre to see Alvin and Chipmunks. We even took the bus to get there. He had a blast and as you can see...James was thoroughly thrilled too........
James went back on days...hooray!

My 2nd cousin, Danika came to visit for wedding. I got to spend 2 days catching up after almost 10 years. She is fantastic and a lot of fun. We have a lot in common and really enjoyed her stay and I think Gabe and Nolan are going to really really miss her!! She was even nice enought to help me out with the cake. She helped with the fondant and putting it together....Thanks Danika! (Randi...your next to come back and visit!!)

And then the last part of the week I got to make a birthday cake for my niece.

Here is the picture of the dress my sister in law gave me to go by, see the pink gingham and cute little cherries? isn't she super cute too?!

And here is the finished product:




THIS fantastic lady helped me out with the cake and made these super cute cards for the cake...my handwriting is awful and I would have only ruined the cake if I would have tried writing on it. I called her up last minute and she was so nice to help me out....thank you thank you thank you!!!!!

Here is the birthday girl on the big day! Happy Birthday Abigail!

Other than that, we had a very busy but very fun weekend. Next week I get to join the swim lesson mommies down at the pool and I am very nervous to see the outcome of the first day of swim lessons.....Don't get me wrong, I am hoping for the best and only hope that Gabe doesn't FREAK out too much. Here is to a fantastic 2 weeks of swim lessons! woohoo!

13 Comments:

Blogger Kritta22 said...

Wow! you are amazing!! how long did that take you to make? You are a superstar!

August 2, 2008 at 9:37 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

So very cute Kate. The pictures, you family and the cake. It's all good.

August 3, 2008 at 7:04 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

OOO... what session did you sign up for?

August 3, 2008 at 4:31 PM  
Blogger Kritta22 said...

They are good. They don't taste like Oreo's but still good the same.
I got the recipe out of The Essential Mormon Cookbook.

1 box devil's food cake mix (Betty Crocker brand works particularly well)
3/4 cup butter, softened
2 eggs
1 (8oz) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter
2 tablespoons vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar

In a large bowl combine cake mix, the 3/4 cup butter, and eggs. Chill about 10 minutes. roll into small balls. (I had to put it back in the refrigerator when it got sticky) Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 7-9 minutes. (Wait until they show little cracks) cool.
To prepare filing, beat cream cheese, the 1/2 cup butter and vanilla together. Add powdered sugar and mix together. Spread filing on top of cookie. The top with another cookie. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving, in the refrigerator. (It hardens the frosting.) Makes about 2 dozen cookies but they go really, really fast!

I hope you enjoy them!

August 4, 2008 at 2:39 PM  
Blogger ::lindsay said...

That cake is absolutely adorable! I didn't see you yesterday at swim lessons. What time do you have?

August 5, 2008 at 7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super cute cake!! I love it!

August 5, 2008 at 8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super cute cake!

Danika had a great time and she is planning on adopting your boys ASAP. Hope that is OK with you! ;)

August 6, 2008 at 5:57 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

Super cute cake! I just got back from Alaska and got your comment on our blog about the tuna spice rub...it really is simple. We used chili powder, black pepper, a pinch of salt and paprika...Josh likes it spicy so it was mostly chili powder and pepper! Enjoy!

August 6, 2008 at 9:31 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

sounds like a crazy but fun week. love the cake!

August 6, 2008 at 12:25 PM  
Blogger tharker said...

That is the cutest cake I have seen in such a long time!

August 7, 2008 at 12:09 AM  
Blogger becky susanne said...

That is one of the most amazing cakes I have ever seen. You are an artist.
-becky susanne

August 7, 2008 at 12:56 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I am so glad you posted pictures of the cake! It turned out so totally cute!!! I am so glad the little signs matched.

August 7, 2008 at 1:17 PM  
Blogger Chichiboulie said...

That cake is absolutely amazing! I've always wanted to be able to decorate cakes, but have never really tried (and probably never really will). It's such a beautiful artform and that cake is tops!

August 17, 2008 at 11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home