Friday, July 25, 2008

ponder

By small and simple things are great things brought to pass
-Alma 37:6
My days consist of small things....get breakfast for the boys, play with the boys, make sure the boys don't kill each other, make them lunch, nap, play with boys, yada yada yada.
The repetition everyday can really get to one person. I think "Am I getting anywhere?" "Are my boys really learning anything?"
As I stumbled across this scripture while trying to find another, I realized that this MUST be my life. That all these "little" things (not just with the boys, but with James, my calling, with me) are just choices that we make to lead to greater things. My doing these "little" things in my life is preparing my children for the world ahead....by showing them love with keeping the other child from throwing something at their head is teaching them that I will protect them, love them. By putting them down for a nap is showing them that I care for their well being (and that mommy needs an hour of rest) But in the long run, these things/choices that I make, add substance to our lives and are learning experiences. And now I am grateful for my repetitious days. Bring it on.


6 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Katie, you never stop amazing me with your powerful insight and the way you relate every day activities to the a scripture. Thanks for reminding me of the reasons that we moms do what we do.

July 25, 2008 at 11:10 PM  
Blogger Polka Dotted Pickles said...

Very true. I think the great things happen in the every day! :) Cute picture too!!

July 26, 2008 at 7:52 AM  
Blogger Jan said...

That is exactly where its all it. So great. Have a fun day consisting of all the small wonders. So great.

July 26, 2008 at 8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Katie,

Believe is or not, someday you will miss these busy, busy days of small kids. Wonderful memories are being formed as you do things with your guys and your efforts will pay off--it just takes time. I always think of it as an investment---you add to your account now and then the reward comes later on in the future. Good things to look forward to!

i love the verse!

July 27, 2008 at 7:53 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

thanks for the uplifting thought! it gets hard to be a mom and do the same things over and over, but it's so important to remember it's worth it!

July 27, 2008 at 7:55 PM  
Blogger ::lindsay said...

So great! Thanks for the reminder!

July 27, 2008 at 8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home